- Professional Diploma in Communication Design from Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology, Bangalore, 2011. Specialisation: Digital Video Production. Awarded Certificate of Commendation for commitment to excel in and go beyond the discipline undertaken for undergraduate studies.
Work Experience + Residencies
- Research Assistant at (Art)ScienceBLR (June 2013 – present).
- Resident Artist at Undivided Mind II Art/Science residency at Khoj International Artists’ Association, (March-April 2015).
- Assistant director – ‘An Old Dogs’ Diary’ film directed by Shai Heredia and Shumona Goel.
- Created visuals for ‘Notes from Utopia’ by Yashas Shetty, exhibited at ‘The Museum of Rhythm’, Muzeum Sztuki in Lodz, Poland 2016, ‘Presence of Sound’ Santander, Spain 2013 and at the Taipei Biennial 2012.
- Set graphics designer – ‘Brahman Naman’, film by Quashiq Mukherjee.
- Assistant Director – ‘Item Numer’ by Oliver Husain.
- Research Fellow at the Centre For Public History, Bangalore (January – May 2012).
- Appointed as a member on the Board of Trustees, Goa Centre for Alternative Photography, January, 2012.
- Internship with Shai Heredia (May – June 2011) – Worked with cleaning and archiving 16mm found films.
- Resident Artist at ALTlab Photography Residency organised by Goa Centre For Alternative Photography, supported by India Foundation for the Arts (Feb-April 2011).
- Internship at Xtrathin Design, Mumbai (May – June 2010) – In the capacity of an Editor and Motion Graphic Artist.
- Internship at Blank Noise (June 2009) – In the capacity of a Graphic Designer and Core Team Member. Worked on the ‘I Never Ask For It’ campaign.
- Worked with Upasana Design Studio, Auroville (January-March 2009), In the capacity of a Graphic Designer and Space Design Planner, on the project Tranquebar Craft Resource Center.
- Freelanced as a Graphic and Interface Designer, Photographer, Editor on various other projects.
- Conducted several pinhole and alternative photography workshops.
Screenings + Exhibitions + Performances
- ‘Sun, the Ultimate Capital’, collaborative project with Dr. Špela Petric installed as a part of the 10th International Festival of Svetlobna Gverila (Lightning Guerrilla), Slovenia 2016.
- ‘City Beyond’ screened at India Art Fair, New Delhi, 2016.
- ‘Under the Flyover’ experimental electronic music performance with Wolfgang Spahn, Yashas Shetty and Paul Affeld.
- Live visuals for ‘Lost Signals’ by The Indian Sonic Research Organisation.
- ‘City Beyond’ screened at Indian Institute for Human Settlements, 2015
- ‘Inter-Species Communication’, performance and exhibition at Khoj International Artists’ Association for Undivided Mind II residency.
- Performed ‘Sonic Zoo’ as a part of The Indian Sonic Research Organisation at Story of Light Festival Goa, Budweiser Made stage Bengaluru, Sound Reasons Festival, Max Mueller Bhavan Bangalore.
- ‘Tribute to Muybridge’ showed at the C(h)roma Show.
- ‘City Beyond’ selected for Monitor 9 2013 organised by South Asian Visual Arts Center (SAVAC), Canada, 2013. (Multiple screenings)
- ‘City Beyond’ showcased at ‘Participation in Photography: Memory, Archives and Authorship’; a symposium part of Urban Photo Fest London, 2012.
- ‘City Beyond’ screened at the Tate Modern, London as a part of London Indian Film Festival, June 2012.
- ‘City Beyond’ screened at SF Cinematheque, Oddball Films, San Francisco, March 2012.
- ‘City Beyond’ screened at Experimenta@3rd i, SF International South Asian Film, San Francisco, March 2012.
- ‘City Beyond’ screened at Constructed Strategies at CalArts, March 2012.
- ‘City Beyond’ screened at Experimenta@ Chicago University, March 2012.
- ‘City Beyond’ selected and screened at Experimenta-7th International Festival for Moving Image Art 2011.
- Exhibited ‘Resurrection’ series and delivered a talk on alternative photography at the 5th Bangalore OpenShow, June 2011.
- Delivered a talk on Alternative Photographic Practices at the Matthieu Foss Gallery, Mumbai, April 2011.
- Exhibited and presented experiments done at ALTlab at Goa Center for Alternative Photography Open Lab, March 2011.
- One of the four resident artists to be selected nationally for the ALTlab Photography Residency organised by Goa Center For Alternative Photography, supported by India Foundation for the Arts February, 2011.
- Video coverage in Slovenia around ‘Sun, the Ultimate Capital’.
- Print and Video coverage published in the Hindu, Business Standard, Indian Express, Live Mint, Zee News and e Wall Art Magazine for work done during the Undivided Mind residency at KHOJ, March 2015.
- Newspaper article published in the Hindustan Times, about Homemade Alternative Photographic practice and screening at Tate Modern December 2013.
- Newspaper articles published in Deccan Chronicle, Bangalore and Times Of India, Bangalore about project ‘City Beyond’, December 2011.
- Newspaper article published in Navhind Times, Goa about work done at the ALTlab Residency, April 2011.