City Beyond is a film that speculates about the lives led by inhabitants of a submerged civilisation. The superstructure has been recently discovered in the crevices of the ocean floor. The film moves through the submerged landscape, gathering glimpses of life, times and the end of a lost society.
City Beyond has been screened at:-
– Experimenta 7th International Festival for Moving Image Art
– Experimenta@ Chicago University
– Constructed Strategies at CalArts
– 3rd i, SF International South Asian Film, San Francisco
– SF Cinematheque, Oddball Films, San Francisco
– London Indian Film Festival, Tate Modern, London
– Participation in Photography: ‘Memory, Archives and Authorship’; Urban Photo Fest, London
– Monitor 9 2013 organised by South Asian Visual Arts Centre (SAVAC), Canada
– Screenings @Indian Institute for Human Settlements
– India Art Fair 2016
The film has been shot entirely on handmade pinhole cameras. The images were then printed out using cyanotype photographic process.